Hi lovelies. Long time no see? I have been quite inactive on here. Sorry for that. So remember a while back I asked everyone’s opinion about opening up an Etsy shop. Well…. I AM DOING IT! Pride and Pamper will open (hopefully) June 24th. I have been researching, perfecting product recipes, making labels, figuring out packaging, etc. There is a lot to it but I am super excited to start this new journey. I also have been using bath bombs like crazy, haha. I will make an official post when the shop is live. But also I have FINALLY finished Stain. YAY for that!
- This is a retelling of the Princess and the Pea. I love retellings.
- A.G. Howard is one of my favorite authors. Her words are always so magical.
- I liked seeing the different shadows and dark creatures in this. This was kind of goth and I love it.
- I really loved all the characters. Lyra (Stain) is someone I admired. Crony and Luce are redemption characters that are beloved. There is a huge twist with Vespers (The Prince) character that I wasn’t expecting. It made the story so much better.
- The villain here was actually a little terrifying.
- Plot twist everywhere. Amazing ones at that.
- So 500 pages was just a little too long for me. That is one reason why it took me forever to read it.
- While I loved the book it did have a hard time pulling me in to get engulfed into the pages.
- Towards the ending there was a lot of different things that happen. It needed to be done but I guess it threw me for a loop trying to keep up.
It seems I have lost my book reviewing mojo. Whoops.
If you’ve read this I would love to hear your thoughts. Are you planning on reading it?