Title: Legendary (Caraval, #2)
Author: Stephanie Garber
Synopsis: A heart to protect. A debt to repay. A game to win.
After being swept up in the magical world of Caraval, Donatella Dragna has finally escaped her father and saved her sister, Scarlett, from a disastrous arranged marriage. The girls should be celebrating, but Tella isn’t yet free. She made a desperate bargain with a mysterious criminal, and what Tella owes him no one has ever been able to deliver: Caraval Master Legend’s true name.
The only chance of uncovering Legend’s identity is to win Caraval, so Tella throws herself into the legendary competition once more—and into the path of the murderous heir to the throne, a doomed love story, and a web of secrets…including her sister’s. Caraval has always demanded bravery, cunning, and sacrifice, but now the game is asking for more. If Tella can’t fulfill her bargain and deliver Legend’s name, she’ll lose everything she cares about—maybe even her life. But if she wins, Legend and Caraval will be destroyed forever…
An actual book review from me?!? Yes, you guys seen that right. It’s been since early January that I posted a book review, I think. After I had the baby I was having a hard time finding time to read. Well, I managed to read this in a short amount of time because it was so spellbinding.
I’m doing a pro and con list for my review. I’m playing around with different ways to review to see which one fits me best. Even though I’ve had this blog for a long while now. *whoops*
- This is the first book that has actually made me feel all the *feels* in a very, very long time. You bookworms know what I’m talking about.
- The world of Caraval was even better in this book. I didn’t think it could get better after book one. Boy, was I wrong.
- I feel like the game was much more intense and mind boggling. I was even second guessing the spoiler I found online about who Legend really was.
- Tella is far more likable. I couldn’t stand her in Caraval but now I like her better than Scarlett.
- The romance trumps everything though. I mean I’m dying over here from this guy.
- The villain in this book is AMAZING. Read Chapter 13 is all I have to say.
- I’m a huge nerd when it comes to quotes. There were so many ones in this book that made my heart stutter.
- Finding out who Legend was wasn’t a disappointed at all. It couldn’t have turned out better.
- I didn’t read this sooner?!?
If you have read Legendary, what did you think about it? Are you excited for Finale?