Thank you, thank you, thank you LaRhonda @ Flying Paperbacks for thinking of me and nominating me for this award!! It still shocks me when I get nominated or tagged for anything because I feel so small.
1. Thank the blogger who nominated you and provide a link to their blog.
2. Write a post to show your award.
3. Give a brief story of how your blog started.
4. Give two pieces of advice to new bloggers.
5. Select 15 other bloggers you want to give this award to.
6. Comment on each blog and let them know you have nominated them and provide the link to the post you created.
I have previously wrote another Blogger Recognition Award post so I will be using the same story and advice from that!
Last fall I started dealing with depression again after some trauma that had happened earlier that year. I have always loved to read but I was more of a mood reader. I started reading A LOT during my depression because it helped me so very much. My husband got me a camera for my birthday because I love taking photos. That also helped me. I discovered Goodreads and it changed my life. I started posting my reviews and reading other peoples. Some would post links to their blog. I started looking through some and was amazed. I have been wanting to get a blog for a while but had no idea where to start. Since I started giving reviews and taking photos with my new camera I figured now is the time. So here I am with all of you lovely people. I have like one friend who likes to read so I have no one to talk about my love for books with. I don’t regret anything. I love doing this.
- INTERACT! I found that to be the most important thing about blogging. How are you ever going to make new friends and followers if you don’t interact with them? Like, comment, discuss. It is quite enjoyable when you start doing it and getting to know each other. Be yourself! 🙂
- POST! A post every now and then really won’t cut it. I done that at first and found myself absent from everything. And not gaining followers. I try to post at least three times a week now. It can get busy but thankfully you can schedule post ahead (this post probably won’t go up until next week).
Lena @ The Printed Girl
Sophie @ Beware of the Reader
Jasmine @ Jasmine’s Reading
Malanie @ Malanie Loves Fiction